Top 39 Cloud Computing Interview Questions: Here are the top interview questions of Cloud Computing. Be prepared for the interview. You can download the entire questions in a pdf format. so guys All the best for your interview.
1) What is cloud computing?
Cloud computing is an internet-based new age of computer technology. It is the next stage technology that uses the clouds to provide the services whenever and wherever the user needs it. It provides a method to access several servers worldwide.
2) What are the benefits of cloud computing?
The main benefits of cloud computing are:
- Data backup and storage of data.
- Powerful server capabilities.
- Incremented productivity.
- Very cost effective and time-saving.
- Software as Service known as SaaS.
3) What is a cloud?
Top 39 Cloud Computing Interview Questions: A cloud is a combination of networks, hardware, services, storage, and interfaces that helps in delivering computing as a service. It has three users :
- End users
- Business management users
- cloud service provider
4) What are the different data types used in cloud computing?
There are different data types in cloud computing like emails, contracts, images, blogs, etc. As we know that data is increasing day by day so it is needed for new data types to store these new data. For example, if you want to store video then you need a new data type.
5) Which are the different layers that define cloud architecture?
Following are the different layers that are used by cloud architecture:
- CLC or Cloud Controller
- Cluster Controller
- SC or Storage Controller
- NC or Node Controller
6) For a mode of transport in the cloud how you can secure your data?
To secure your data while transporting them from one place to another, check that there is no leak with the encryption key implemented with the data you are sending.
7) What are the security aspects provided with cloud?
a) Identity management: It authorizes the application services
b) Access control: permission has to be provided to the users so that they can control the access of another user who is entering into the cloud environment.
c) Authentication and Authorization: Allows only the authorized and authenticated user only to access the data and applications
8) List out different layers which define cloud architecture?
The different layers used by cloud architecture are
a) CLC or Cloud Controller
c) Cluster Controller
d) SC or Storage Controller
e) NC or Node Controller
9) What are system integrators in Cloud Computing?
In Cloud Computing, systems integrator provides the strategy of the complicated process used to design a cloud platform. Integrator allows creating more accurate hybrid and private cloud network, as integrators have all the knowledge about the data center creation.
10) What is “ EUCALYPTUS” stands for?
“ EUCALYPTUS” stands for Elastic Utility Computing Architecture For Linking Your Programs To Useful Systems”
11) What are the platforms which are used for large-scale cloud computing?
Ans. Below mentioned is the platform used for large-scale cloud computing-
- Apache Hadoop
12) What are the different types of models used for deployment in Cloud Computing?
Ans. The different deployment models in cloud computing are
- Private Cloud
- Public Cloud
- Community Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
13) Explain Software as a Service (SaaS)?
Ans. Software as a Service (SaaS) is an important part of cloud computing. It provides cloud applications like Google is doing. It facilitates users to save their document on the cloud and create as well.
14) Explain Platform as a Service (Paas)?
Ans. It is also a layer of cloud architecture. Platform as a Service is responsible to provide complete virtualization of the infrastructure layer, make it look like a single server and invisible for the outside world.
15) What is the difference in cloud computing and Mobile Cloud computing?
Ans. Top 39 Cloud Computing Interview Questions: Mobile cloud computing and cloud computing has the same concept. Cloud computing becomes active when switched from the mobile. Moreover, most of the tasks can be performed with the help of mobile. These applications run on the mobile server and provide rights to the user to access and manage storage.
16) What is the difference between cloud computing and mobile computing?
Mobile computing and cloud computing are slightly the same in concept. Mobile computing uses the concept of cloud computing. Cloud computing provides users the data which they required while in mobile computing, applications run on the remote server and give the user access for storage and management.
17) What is the difference between scalability and elasticity?
Scalability is a characteristic of cloud computing which is used to handle the increasing workload by increasing in proportion amount of resource capacity. By the use of scalability, the architecture provides on-demand resources if the requirement is being raised by the traffic. Whereas, Elasticity is a characteristic which provides the concept of commissioning and decommissioning of a large amount of resource capacity dynamically. It is measured by the speed by which the resources are coming on demand and the usage of the resources.
18) What are the security benefits of cloud computing?
Cloud computing authorizes the application service, so it is used in identity management.
It provides permissions to the users so that they can control the access of another user who is entering into the cloud environment.
19) What is the usage of utility computing?
Utility computing is a plug-in managed by an organization which decides what type of services has to be deployed from the cloud. It facilitates users to pay only for what they use.
20) What is “EUCALYPTUS” in cloud computing? Why is it used?
Top 39 Cloud Computing Interview Questions: It is an acronym stands for Elastic Utility Computing Architecture For Linking Your Program To Useful Systems. It is an open source software infrastructure in cloud computing and used to implement clusters in the cloud computing platform. It creates a public, private and hybrid cloud. It facilitates a user to create his own data center into a private cloud and use its functionalities to many other organizations.
21) In cloud computing what are the different layers?
The different layers of cloud computing are:
a) SaaS: Software as a Service (SaaS), provides users access directly to the cloud application without installing anything on the system.
b) IaaS: Infrastructure as a service, it provides the infrastructure in terms of hardware like memory, processor speed etc.
c) PaaS: Platform as a service, it provides cloud application platform for the developers
22) How important is the platform as a service?
Platform as a service or PAAS is an important layer in cloud computing. It provides an application platform for providers. It is responsible for providing complete virtualization of the infrastructure layer and makes it work like a single server.
23) What is a cloud service?
Cloud service is used to build cloud applications using the server in a network through the internet. It provides the facility of using the cloud application without installing it on the computer. It also reduces the maintenance and support of the application which is developed using cloud service.
24) List down the three basic clouds in cloud computing?
a) Professional cloud
b) Personal cloud
c) Performance cloud
25) As a infrastructure as a service what are the resources that are provided by it?
IAAS ( Infrastructure As A Service) provides virtual and physical resources that are used to build a cloud. It deals with the complexities of deploying and maintaining the services provided by this layer. Here the infrastructure is the servers, storage, and other hardware systems.
26) What are the different datacenter’s deployments of cloud computing?
Ans. Cloud computing consists of different datacenters and they are mentioned below
- Containerized datacenters – Containerized data centers are the packages that contain a consistent set of servers, network components, and storage delivered to large warehouse kind of facilities. Here, each deployment is relatively unique.
- Low-density datacenters – A data center which is containerized can cause heavy density, which in turn causes much heat and many engineering troubles. Low-density datacentres are the solution to this problem.
27) What is the use of API in cloud services?
Ans. Top 39 Cloud Computing Interview Questions: Below mentioned are the uses of Application Programming Interface in cloud platforms
- It eliminates the workload to write the fully fledged programs.
- It also provides an easy way to create applications and links cloud services with other systems.
28) What are the characteristics of cloud architecture that separates it from the traditional one?
Ans. The characteristics that make cloud architecture above traditional architecture is
- The cloud architecture provides the hardware requirement.
- The architecture is able to scale the resource on demand.
- Cloud architecture can easily manage and handle dynamic workloads without failure.
29) What are the distinctive attributes of Cloud Computing?
Ans. Utility form of delivery, elasticity, low barrier to entry. These attributes modification how applications are created, priced and delivered.
30) Does Cloud computing presents new opportunities for users and developers?
Ans. Yes, because it is based on the paradigm of a shared multi-tenant utility.
31) What are the basic clouds in cloud computing?
There are three basic clouds in cloud computing:
- Professional cloud
- Personal cloud
- Performance cloud
32) What are the most essential things that must be followed before going for cloud computing platform?
- Loss of data
- Data storage
- Business continuity
- Data integrity in cloud computing
33) Which services are provided by the Window Azure operating system?
There are three core services provided by Window azure operating system:
34) What is the usage of virtualization platform in implementing cloud?
The main usage of virtualization platform in implementing cloud is:
- It is used to manage service level policies.
- Cloud Operating System.
- Virtualization platforms help to keep the backend level and user level concepts different from each other.
35) We source cloud computing platform databases?
Following are the open source cloud computing platform databases:
36) Explain hybrid and community cloud?
Top 39 Cloud Computing Interview Questions: Hybrid cloud: It consists of multiple service providers. It is a combination of public and private cloud features. It is used by the company when they require both private and public clouds.
Community Cloud: This model is quite expensive and is used when the organizations having common goals and requirements, and are ready to share the benefits of the cloud service.
37) In cloud what are the optimizing strategies?
To overcome the maintenance cost and to optimize the resources, there is a concept of three data center in the cloud which provides recovery and back-up in case of disaster or system failure and keeps all the data safe and intact.
38) What is Amazon SQS?
To communicate between different connectors Amazon SQS message is used, between various components of AMAZON, it acts as a communicator.
39) How buffer is used to Amazon web services?
In order to make the system more efficient against the burst of traffic or load, the buffer is used. It synchronizes different component. The component always receives and processes the request in an unbalanced way. The balance between different components are managed by the buffer, and makes them work at the same speed to provide faster services.