Top 26 Digital Marketing Interview Questions: Here are the top interview questions of Digital Marketing. Be prepared for the interview. You can download the entire questions in a pdf format. so guys All the best for your interview.
1) Explain digital marketing.
Digital marketing is a term used for online marketing it is a process of interactive marketing or promoting the product and services using digital technologies. Digital marketing is a technique to use the digital channels to promote the services to consumers and businessman and change the leads into customers.
2) What are the types of digital marketing?
Digital marketing can be categorized in two types:
Inbound Marketing: Inbound digital marketing consists of following marketing strategies:
- Social media marketing
- Content marketing
- Search engine marketing (SEM)
- Search engine optimization (SEO) etc.
Outbound Marketing: Outbound digital marketing consists of following marketing strategies:
- Radio and TV advertisement
- Newspapers and magazines advertisement
- mobile phone marketing
- Pay-per-click advertising (PPC)
- Event sponsorships etc.
3) What are the activities used to promote Digital marketing?
The digital Marketing activities are
- Search Engine Marketing(SEM)
- Search Engine Optimization(SEO)
- Content Marketing
- Content Automation
- Campaign Marketing
- E-commerce Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
4) What is a keyword in the scenario of digital marketing or SEO?
The keyword is the most repetitive word of your article. It is a focus word for search engines which is generally entered by users to find a piece of specific information. It is very important to use appropriate keywords to get a better page ranking and search results.
5) Name some digital marketing channels?
Digital marketing is facilitated by multiple channels. There are some multiple online marketing channels:
- Affiliated Marketing
- Display Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Search Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Social Media
- Social Networking
- Online PR
- Video Advertising
6) Explain what is PPC or Pay Per Click advertising?
Top 26 Digital Marketing Interview Questions Pay Per Click is also known as Cost Per Click is a technique used to direct traffic to websites. In this technique, advertisers pay the publisher ( website owner or a host of the website) when the ad is clicked. In other words, it is the amount spent to get an advertisement clicked.
7) Mention what are the primary models for determining Pay-Per-Click ?
The primary models for determining Pay-Per-Click are
- Flat rate PPC :
In this type of model, both publisher and advertiser agree to a fixed amount that will be paid for each click. In most time, the publisher has a rate card for PPC plan based on different areas of their website or network. The amount varies as per the content that generally attracts more or fewer people.
- Bid based PPC :
In this type of model, the advertiser competes with other advertisers in a private auction hosted by a publisher. The advertiser will inform publisher for the maximum amount of bid he is willing to pay.
8) Explain what is Google Adwords?
The AdWords platform enables the business to create ads that appear on Google search engine and their other properties.
9) Mention what is an effective PPC keyword should be like?
An effective PPC keyword should be
- Relevant: List out the targeted keywords
- Exhaustive: Apart from the most popular keywords it should include the “long tail of search”
- Expansive: PPC is iterative, therefore the keyword list should be constantly growing and adapting
10) Mention what are the key elements to optimize the conversion rates per PPC?
Conversion rate is nothing but to bring more visitors to your site. To increase the conversion rates you have to focus on following things
- Write compelling content on your site that is relevant to the keyword or search query
- Maintain a high degree of relevance between your ads and corresponding landing pages
- The webpage should easy registering process, signing up for a newsletter or making a purchase
- Check the design of your landing page which should have the right combination of color, layout, and GUI to attract more customers
11) What is conversion rate in PPC?
Conversion rates can be calculated by taking the number of conversions and dividing them by the total ad clicks.
For example: If you get 5 conversion from 100 clicks, so your conversion rate is 5%.
12) How can we increase the conversion rate?
A technique called Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) is used to increase the conversion rate. This technique is used to optimize your sponsored search ads and overall website design to increase your conversion rate.
You must focus on the following things to increase your conversion rate:
- Write a keyword rich content.
- Your ads must be relevant to the pages.
- Write a clickable PPC ad.
- User registration, signing up and purchase option must be simple.
- Make a simple and elegant design of your webpage.
13) Where should you use your keywords to optimize your site ranking?
Top 26 Digital Marketing Interview Questions It is very important to place your keywords on an appropriate area for better page ranking. These areas are:
- Keyword in Website URL
- Keyword in Website Title
- Keyword in Meta tag
- Keyword in Web page content
- Keyword density in body text
- Keywords in Headlines
14) What is on-page optimization?
On-page optimization is used to deal directly with the content and the structure of the website. It is used to improve the position in search engine.
15) What is off-page optimization?
Off page optimization is a digital marketing technique which is used to create high quality backlinks. It is done outside the actual website.
16) What should be the approach for effective Pay Per Click campaings?
For effective Pay Per Click campaign, you need to do following things
- Add more PPC keywords: By adding more keywords that are relevant to your business, you can expand the reach of your pay per click
- Split Ad groups: By splitting up your ad groups into smaller and more relevant ad groups, you can improve click-through-rate (CTR)
- Review costly PPC keywords: Review expensive and underperforming keywords
- Refine landing page: To align with individual search queries modify the content and call-to-action of your landing page
- Add negative keywords: To improve campaign relevancy and reduce wasted spend, add non-converting terms /negative keywords. ( When search with that keyword, it will not show your website/content)
17) List out some of the useful online marketing tools?
Some of the useful online marketing tools are
- Google Analytics
- Digital point keyword tracker
- Crazy egg heat maps
- Keyword discovery
- XML Sitemap Generator
- Favicon generator
- SubmitExpress Link Popularity
18) Explain what is on-page and off page optimization?
Off page optimization: It is the process of boosting your search engine ranking by getting external links pointing back to it
On page optimization: On page optimization directly deals with the content and structure of the website.
19) What one should do to avoid the penalty?
- Do not link to any other site with bad page rank
- Avoid Poison words, for example, word “link”, when you hypertext this text to give the link to your site it becomes poison words
- Avoid stealing text or images from other domains
- Avoid re-directing users to another page through refresh meta-tags – don’t immediately send user or visitors to another page even before he or she clicked on the web page link
20) Mention what are the characteristics of “bad links” ?
Top 26 Digital Marketing Interview Questions The characteristics of “bad links” are
- Links from sites that are unrelated to your sites
- Links from low Page Rank and Low traffic
- Links from link exchanges
- Links from those sites that are not in Google index
- Paid links
- Link from the same anchor texts coming from multiple sites
- Spammy links from blogs or articles.
21) Write the name of some important digital marketing tools.
Following is a list of some top digital marketing tools:
- Google Analytics
- Keyword Planner
- Mail Chimp
- Buzz Sumo
- Hootsuite etc.
22) What do you mean by on-page and off-page optimization?
On-page optimization: on-page optimization is used to deal directly with the content and the structure of the website.
Off-page optimization: Off-page optimization is a technique which is used to boost your search ranking by getting external links pointing back to it.
23) How would you avoid the Google penalty in digital marketing?
Follow the below steps to avoid the Google penalty:
- Your website must be simple, clean and well performing.
Your website should be mobile friendly.Your website should be user friendly. User-experience is very important for Google.Check for broken links. Links must not be broken.Don’t use duplicate contents. It will decrease your traffic and site rank.Use smart keywords and tags.
24) How do you recognize a bad link?
You should know that some links are more valuable than others. Some irrelevant, misleading or broken links can mislead your users and harm your site’s ranking. Inbound links from high-ranking, authority websites are better than links from low-ranking websites.
25) What is the difference between direct marketing and branding?
Top 26 Digital Marketing Interview Questions Difference between Direct marketing and Branding:
Direct Marketing Campaign: In a direct marketing campaign, the advertiser is interested to target the audience who are most relevant to the business. The most common campaigns are Search Networks Only, Shopping Campaigns, and Dynamic Search Ads, etc.
Branding Campaign: In the branding campaign, an advertiser exposes his brand on major sites and applications. The most popular methods are Display Ads, Remarketing, Youtube Ads and Custom Ads.
26) Why is online marketing preferred over offline marketing?
Top 26 Digital Marketing Interview Questions Now a day, it is an era of digital marketing. The online cost for marketing is SEO, Hosting, and Web Development. The number of prospects is extraordinary. One can reach many individuals online and you can set your target as worldwide. Whereas the number of people who prefer reading newspapers, watching television, etc. Therefore, the target is within a specific area.